I hope what I write about life touches you in some way. I hope that what I go through helps you live life a little bit easier. I hope the words written here helps change something for the better. Read on, dear friends. Read on, and help me like I hope I help you.

Wednesday 29 October 2014

Sports, laws of physics, life

Okay, tri-sport season is officially upon us! Football, hockey, and basketball... all meshed. It's going to be a beautiful few months. Although, football season officially ends on the first weekend of February. Basketball ends in like March/April. And hockey can last until June. So, only three months of each year do I ever feel like there's nothing much for me to watch. My life is dull...

... Wait, it's the four-sport season! Because it's also soccer season right now, too. Life is beautiful. I have three football apps (just for Green Bay), a Detroit Pistons app, a Detroit Red Wings app, and two soccer apps, one for Arsenal and one for Real.

So, yesterday, my team was playing soccer. I was running after the ball, defending someone. Once I got level to her, I tripped over my own feet. To test gravity, I fell. And we're still good, gravity is still working. Because I totally landed so hard on my chest, I lost my breath. Now, I know how it feels to get the wind knocked out of me. It's definitely something I never want to experience again. So, anyways, I didn't completely connect the dots until I rolled on my back, wheezing. I launched myself up into a sitting position, my arms on my knees, sitting there, trying to catch my breath. Everyone was asking if I was okay. I shook it off and said that I was fine. Dan helped me up. I took a couple steps, then leaned forward, my hands on my knees, and tooke a few breaths before I stood up again and started walking. I did that a couple of times before we started playing soccer again, even though I said I was fine and we could totally start playing again. I'm okay. My head hurts today, and my shoulders are a little sore. My foot hurts a little. But I have Ibuprofen. I'm okay. I just need a few days of not playing contact sports and just some rest after work, and I'll be back 100%. I'm fine.

We have nine more days in Kansas City! Oh, goodness, the day we're back in Denver is going to be one of the best days of my life. I'm not kidding; it's going to be the last time we go back from travel, we won't have to deal with our team leader as much, we'll only have to interact with each other when we have to. It's going to be a beautiful things. And then, a week and a half after we get back to Denver, we go home. I'm so, so stoked; I'm way too excited for it. But it's still an amazing thing. Because I miss home, I miss my dog. And I am happy that I get to see the mountains one last time before I go home.

I'm sleepy; I wish I could take a nap right now. But crawling under the desk to take a nap is frowned upon in this establishment. Damn, and today's the day that I brought my blanket and pillow to work. Oh, well. I'm going to go home and take a nap after work. Because I can, and because I have a right to. After hurting myself yesterday (well, after gravity hurt me yesterday), I feel like I can have that choice.

Oh, well. Whatever.
Okay, I'm going to make like a banana and split. Have a great day, y'all.

1 comment:

  1. Charly, I am sorry to hear you were hurt... and I am happy you are going to have that trip...

    I would love to crawl under my desk and sleep some days... I hope things get better soon :)

    ReplyDelete