I hope what I write about life touches you in some way. I hope that what I go through helps you live life a little bit easier. I hope the words written here helps change something for the better. Read on, dear friends. Read on, and help me like I hope I help you.

Tuesday 23 September 2014

Celebration of the Autumnal Equinox/Always have meaning in life

In celebration of the Autumn Equinox yesterday, I researched what it meant. Something that came up was to think about and celebrate the meaning of life. To be fair, I know a lot of things are at the end of their yearly life cycle. But on the other side of the same token, we do have the option to still celebrate life as we are and how we live.
What is the meaning of life, though? It's a thought provoking thought. It's whatever YOU want it to be. What do you think you're meant to be on this Earth for? What's your purpose?
I know, in part, that I'm here to help people. I'm a very kind-hearted person. Without a thought, I'm willing to give the shirt off my back to make sure someone else is warm; I would give my last dollar so that someone else can have something to eat. No doubt, I'm way too kind for my own good - I know that I've gotten walked all over because of it. But that's not the reason why I'm so kind to people. The way I look at it is like this - I would much rather struggle myself if, in turn, I can see the person I've helped turn around and be someone successful and happy, someone who has opportunites they wouldn't have otherwise.
Another reason that I'm here is to love. I love unconditionally to those who are closest to me. They say blood is thicker than water. However, I have to disagree with that. Love is stronger than both of those. I have a big heart. I love too hard, too much. But that can be a good thing. I love to the point of fault in hopes that my love gives people at least one reason to wake up in the morning, that I've given someone meaning to their day, their life, the moment they live in. Whichever.
On a final note, I can't help but think of my grandmother when this kind of question comes up. For her, life meant being passionate. It meant to appreciate everything you have. It meant to be happy to be alive, being grateful to have another day, being kind, caring, loving, being the kind of person you're happy to be. It meant to have a life that you're happy to live, with whatever hardships and moments of ease you have. Life also meant spending moments with the family. It was giving love ceaselessly, giving hope, being patient. Giving someone happy, caring, moments in life they can always look on and smile. Life meant joy, in its purest sense.
For me, the meaning of life is all of it. Being kind and loving to a fault, always being passionate about what you do, giving joy and being joyful, being happy, appreciating life and everything that the Universe has given you. It's being compassionate. It's being happy to be me. It's everything that I mentioned in this post.
Celebrate life. Think about your meaning of life and celebrate that. Share your happiness with people you love. Enjoy life. 
Never begrudge the Universe or God the life given to you. Life is fragile. Be kind and be happy. Appreciate the nature around you. 
Because I've been to the point where I've felt like there has been no more meaning in my life and everything was dark. I've been where nobody wants to go - in that dark place in your mind, where you think that you don't want to live another day. Where you think of ways to leave this life, leave the Earth behind, and move on, hoping for a better life next time, or in heaven. 
Always remember the good things you have; always remember your meaning of life. It will give you peace. It will help you live another day. It will make life a little easier to get through if you take the time to think of your meaning.
Have a good day, everyone.
XOX,
Charly

1 comment:

  1. Charly... I think we never stop looking for the meaning of life and it changes.... as we get older..

    I never stop looking ♡

    ReplyDelete