I hope what I write about life touches you in some way. I hope that what I go through helps you live life a little bit easier. I hope the words written here helps change something for the better. Read on, dear friends. Read on, and help me like I hope I help you.

Sunday 23 September 2012

I am exhausted as all get out right now, but I wanted to write. Yesterday, my cousin got married. It was a beautiful wedding. The ceremony itself was outside, despite the cold. We were at a gun range, though; however, it was still an amazing ceremony. The lake was behind the bride and groom (and the bridesmaids and groomsmen).
My cousin looked drop dead gorgeous in a sleevless gown, the veil pinned up at the back of her head. Her daughter was in a long, white spaghetti strap and very adorable dress (she was the flower girl). She had a crown. Her son was in a cute little tux (he's four) with an orange tie (he was the "ring tiger" because he didn't want to be the "ring bear"!!!). The groom (who's long been considered part of the family and was just as much my cousin as she was, even before the wedding) was in a tux, also in an orange tie. All the groomsmen (and the groom) were wearing high top sneakers.
It was beautiful. Like, amazingly gorgeous.
The reception was totally wonderful. The food was great. The atmosphere was wonderful. We were celebrating the union of two of the most truly wonderful and amazing people. That's all that mattered. We were having a great time. The ceremony was early (4.30 pm), so by 10 pm (latest), maybe half the guests were gone; I was amazed, at 11 that there weren't near as many people as there were around 7. I mean, there was an open bar and everything. I had a few (ahem) mixed drinks and ended up having more alcohol in my system than I've ever had in my system in... well, ever. No, I did NOT get drunk drunk. I got tipsy drunk. I was still in control of what I was doing. Though some of the vaguer,  more minor details I don't remember well, I remember most of the night, enough so, that it's not hard for me to connect the dots.
However, mom left at 8.30 and pretty much the last words she said to me were "Don't get sick and don't get pregnant." Like, seriously, I'm not that irresponsible. And I didn't get either of those.
However, I digress. It was a beautiful night, full of love and happiness and joy. Now, the happily married couple are preparing to go on their honeymoon sometime within the next seven days.
I am just soooo happy that they are married. They are so happy together, they are such a beautiful and wonderful couple. I do wish them the best, many happy years and some amazing, blessed and very fond memories.

2 comments:

  1. Charly, what a lovely time it sounds like you had.

    Your mom is funny... don't get sick and don't get pregnant... my your mom is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a lovely wedding and an awesome reception. :)

    And I know, right? I'm not that irresponsible.

    ReplyDelete