I hope what I write about life touches you in some way. I hope that what I go through helps you live life a little bit easier. I hope the words written here helps change something for the better. Read on, dear friends. Read on, and help me like I hope I help you.

Friday 6 January 2012



Okay, I do realize that today is "le jour de la fete des rois" (3 Kings Day, Epiphany), hence my irony in this song... I think. Anyhow, I did know that it is Three Kings Day, even before I played this song. But it somehow, and really weirdly, reminded me of this song. I have no idea why. I do realize this song is kind of sad, but hey... I do love the musical, individual songs, and the whole thing. However, it is sad.
So, besides the point. Yesterday, my mom made three "galettes des rois" (Epiphany cakes... the most totally wonderfully delicious cakes ever... I want my mommy to make me one for my birthday in a month and a week and a half... don't get too eager and wish me a happy birthday). One went to school with my sister, one went with my brother, and one is for us. Okay, let me explain these... Usually, there is a get-together and people celebrate la Fete des Rois, and eat this cake. Now, in the cake, there is a little... piece, I guess, a figurine. Right? And the person who gets the piece with the figurine is the "King" - "Queen" in the case of a woman, I guess - and gets to host the next get together the following year. This tradition I like, really like. Mmmmhmmm... Besides, the cake is wonderfully delicious and I could eat them day and night. Today.... Well, today is the Epiphany and we get to eat the galette des Rois. I am so happy. :D YAY!

Okay, I think I am losing my mind, slowly. I've come to realize that some of the most wonderful, nicest, coolest (and in most cases, kind of the best looking) people I know are... Tennis dorks. I know. Totally losing my mind, right? But let me say this... Don't go hating until you see for yourself. I know a few tennis dorks at the club I'm a member at and they are all way sweet, nice and cool (and the ones I tend to interact with are the better looking portion of the dorks, weirdly enough, since I don't think I'm all that pretty). And I'm not calling them dorks to be offensive; I use it as ... I don't know, I guess it's because they are their own - I don't know a better term for this but - cult. No... Not a cult. Um... They are dorks because that's all they do outside their work/school life. It takes over their social lives. So, they are dorks because that's what they do. Don't get me wrong, I do like them because they are incredibily nice. But I think it's a little funny they spend so much time on this one sport. No offense. Anyhow... Okay, I could go on and on and on and on.... and on..... and on..... on..... About tennis dorks, but I am not going to because I do have better stuff to do with my time.XXXOOO until next time.~~

No comments:

Post a Comment